Factors To Consider
Here are some important factors you should ask yourself and help you decide if retiring in Thailand is right for you.
- You must the mindset. Are you open for new adventures? Thailand is a wonderful exotic place and you will experience many new things, Thailand culture is very unique and having a sense of adventure is a must in order to live here.
- Having a love for travel, there are many places and activities to do in Phuket or anywhere in Thailand.
- You should meet and enjoy new friends, remember you will not be seeing your family and friends for a while, having lots of friends to enjoy your new found retirement in Thailand, makes it all more enjoyable.
- Make sure you are in good health both mentally and physically, your first year is the hardest, but once you begin to understand the country well its generally smooth sailing.
- The pace is much slower compared with other Western countries, you should never get bored in Thailand keep you daily schedule packed with activities to keep from getting bored. Thailand is loaded with wonderful outdoor activities.
- Always accept your role as a foreigner; most Thai’s aren’t interested in listening to your country’s politics, so get used to being referred to as a farang or expat.
- Learn the Thai language, this really goes a long way, you will gain much respect from the locals.
- Remember the bureaucracy is different than your home country, simple things may take longer in Thailand, just get used to their ways.
- Be financially stable without having to work, this is very important and always have a backup plan if things don’t work out.